Translate

Renewed

Hi there,
Welcome to my new blog. For those of you transitioning over...I've moved from my previous blog, http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com. I have not deleted it and am undecided whether or not I'm going to. For now, I am beginning a new blog. It is still the same idea of sharing my personal journey and what's going on in my life, but I needed a change. I began the other blog when I was in a dark place in my personal life, and having come a long way from that place, I needed to create a distance from those associations. I have been through a lot in the past few years. Definitely the biggest, darkest, and scariest battle I've ever been through. I am happy to say I'm in a much happier place, personally, and a lot of healing has taken place. I hope to reveal bits and pieces to you over time, but all at once is just insurmountable.
Writing in any form has always been clarifying and revealing for me. It is peaceful and provides me with answers. Because of the truth that writing lends itself, I avoid it and distance myself from it during heavy times. It's time to keep moving forward and looking ahead instead of behind. Be thankful for the progress, yet not spend much time looking behind me. To learn from the dark times, but not miss out on what's happening right now getting caught up in what's happened before. It can be overwhelming, but ultimately it comes down to a choice, right? That's what life's about. Big and small choices, and then the paths those choices lead us down to. A consequence...could be good or bad. Do the best we can with what we have. With what we're given. Many people out there have a lot less. The truth is, it's far easier to see the bad and be negative, than to see the good and be happy. It's a choice. We must seek it out. We've got one shot in this life. On this earth. What are we doing with it? Crummy choices in the past, doesn't mean we're doomed to live on the crummy path. We can choose to turn off that path any time we want. We only live that crummy life if we choose to see our lives as crummy. I bet we can change that attitude and fixate our eyes on some good things, and I know just where to start....the basics. When things get fuzzy and overwhelming and the walls are just closing in...I remember the basics. I am thankful for a beautiful home that keeps me safe and warm and comfortable, when there are homeless people out on the streets. I am thankful that I have food in my belly and regular meals to eat, when there are people who need to eat at shelters to get their fill. I am thankful for a wonderful family, a husband and daughter, when many are still searching for that special someone or find themselves unable to have children. I am thankful that I have a wonderful support system from family and friends who give me love, when many have been abandoned or have lost their loved ones. The good stuff is there. Call it blessings, call it luck, call it good fortune, call it whatever you want. Let's not let the negative take over us and our lives so that we miss out on the good stuff that's there. The present is just gonna pass us by when all our energy is given to the "stuff". Take a breath. Take a walk. Give someone a hug. Smile to a stranger. Put on a good song. Today things may not be okay, but they will be. When you look back, you'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up